Unemployment Insurance (UI) benefits is temporary income for workers who are unemployed through no fault of their own and who are either looking for another job, have definite recall to their jobs within 6 weeks of the last day worked, or are in approved training. In Georgia, employers pay the entire cost of unemployment insurance benefits. Contributory employers pay taxes at a specified rate on a quarterly basis. Governmental and nonprofit organizations may elect the contributory method or may choose to reimburse the department for benefits paid to former employees.
Application for GDOL Tax Account (For registration of new Georgia employers only)
Application for Employer Account Status Change – Employer Status Report.
The Employer Status Report, DOL-1N, must be completed for the following conditions:
- registration of non-profit organizations, or
- reactivation of previously liable account, or
- changes in ownership structure, or
- mergers, or
- acquisition of assets from other businesses
Application for Account Registration of Governmental Organizations,. This form is required for governmental organizations. Submit the completed form by fax to 404.232.3245.
The Georgia Department of Labor (GDOL) Employer Portal provides self-service options with a single sign-on for UI services. UI tax-related and partial claims filing services will now be accessible only by registering and using the Portal.
- File Quarterly Tax and Wage Reports
- Submit a tax payment
- File UI Appeal
- Maintain and change employer address
- Reset password
- View report and payment history
- View Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Employers