The Mission of the Georgia Department of Labor is:
To work with public and private partners in building a workforce system that contributes to Georgia's economic prosperity. We will accomplish this by creating opportunities and providing services that:
- Assist individuals to attain their work goals and increase self-sufficiency through employment, training, comprehensive rehabilitation, and support services, and
- Assist employers to meet their business needs through employee recruitment and selection services, workforce information, and technical support.
The Georgia Department of Labor’s strategic goals are:
- The department will provide high quality, responsive and universally accessible services that accommodate customer choice and exceed customer expectations.
- The department will continue to promote and facilitate partnerships at all levels for effective program and service outcomes.
- The department will promote individual and organizational growth and effectiveness.
- The department will actively and effectively market service delivery capabilities.
- The department will use state-of-the-art technology that supports effective and efficient service delivery.