File an Appeal
Individuals and employers have the right to appeal any Georgia Department of Labor decision that has appeal rights. The appeal must be submitted in writing within 15 days of the date on the claim determination or decision. You may submit your appeal online, by email, fax, or hand delivery.
Preparing to Submit an Appeal
Locate the determination or decision you wish to appeal for reference. You will be required to provide:
- the release date on the determination or decision you are appealing;
- the docket number if you are appealing a previous decision made by the Appeals Tribunal Administrative Hearing Officer
- the claimant’s name and the social security number on the determination or decision being appealed (if submitting by email or fax, only include the last four digits);
- your name, address, and the best phone number to reach you; and
- a detailed explanation of why you are appealing.
Appeals not filed in accordance with these requirements will be delayed, and your appeal request may be denied.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO CLAIMANTS: Please continue claiming benefits and submitting your Weekly Work Search Record throughout the appeal process, and report to the career center if instructed to do so. If the appeal decision is in your favor, you will receive payment for every week you are eligible, have properly certified, and submitted your weekly work search records.
If a previous GDOL decision to pay your benefits is reversed, you will be required to repay any benefits received during the period of time the Appeals Tribunal or Board of Review determined you did not qualify to receive benefits.
Online Appeal Application
You will need your SSN and UI Personal Identification Number (PIN).
Forgot your PIN? Call UI Customer Service at 1.877.709.8185
File By Email, Fax, or Hand Delivery
|If you are appealing a(n)…||Submit your appeal to…|
Claims Examiner’s Determination
|Georgia Department of Labor
UI Appeals Tribunal
148 Andrew Young International Blvd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30303-1734
Email: [email protected]
Fax: 404.232.3901 or 404.232.3902
Administrative Hearing Officer’s Decision
Georgia Department of Labor
Seefor additional information.