Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act (WIOA)
- WIOA employment is not exempt from state or federal child labor laws.
- Employment certificates are required for ALL MINORS who have not reached their 16th birthday.
- Individuals who have reached their 16th birthday do not need employment certificates.
- Employment certificates MUST BE completed and issued in the same manner as other employment.
- Employer name and address MUST BE completed (not shown as “WIOA”). Type of work MUST BE completed.
- WIOA representatives MAY NOT sign as Issuing Officer unless they are an authorized Issuing Officer.