June 09, 2022

Repayment of UI Benefits, Overpayment, and Waiver Info

Repayment Information

Any UI benefits that you have received that you are not eligible for should be returned to the GDOL. You can request to repay benefits placed on a Way2Go debit card by visiting Request to Repay UI Benefits. If you would like to return funds you have removed from your debit card or received by direct deposit, visit Repayment of Overpaid Benefits.

Overpayment & Waiver Information

If you have received notice of an overpayment of UI funds and wish to repay the overpayment, you can pay online at Repayment of Overpaid Benefits or mail payment to Georgia Department of Labor, Attn: Overpayment Unit, P.O. Box 3433, Atlanta, GA 30302. Make check or money order payable to the Georgia Department of Labor.

If you have received notice of an overpayment of UI funds and wish to apply for an Overpayment Waiver, information can be found on the Overpayment and Waiver Request Information page. The application must be completed for consideration to waive recovery of overpaid benefits. This application will be used to determine if you meet the requirements to have your overpayment waived. You will receive a written determination by regular mail. Please note this process may take 30 to 45 days from the date you submit your waiver application.

If you do not see the overpayment waiver request application in your primary language, please email [email protected] or visit your local career center for free translation services.

1099-G Information on Repayments

Federal law requires the Georgia Department of Labor (GDOL) to provide an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Form 1099-G to anyone who was issued UI benefits in a calendar year, even if the UI benefits were returned or repaid to the GDOL. IRS Form 1099-G displays the total amount of UI benefits issued, as well as withholdings for state and federal income taxes, if applicable.