Form 1099-G Tax Information

Information for tax year 2019 is now available

Unemployment compensation is taxable income and must be reported each year even if you have repaid some or all of the benefits received. You should use the same PIN that you used to certify or inquire on your unemployment claim to access your IRS Form 1099-G for UI Payments. If there is a problem with your PIN, you may enter other identifying information. 

Form 1099-G is mailed each year, at the end of January, to anyone who was paid unemployment benefits or Alternative Trade Adjustment Assistance payments during the calendar year, January 1 to December 31. This tax information is posted as soon as possible each January for the prior tax year. If you need any information for earlier tax years, once successfully signed in, you will also be able to select the tax year from the list of available 1099-G forms.

Questions about taxation of unemployment insurance compensation or other tax matters should be directed to the IRS or your tax adviser.