The Georgia Department of Labor (GDOL) is dedicated to serving veterans and their spouses. GDOL staff can assist with finding work; transitioning into the workforce; building career skills; credentialing military experience and training; and accessing state and federal veterans’ services.
The GDOL’s employment assistance services include:
- Career and employment counseling
- Direct job referrals
- Job developments with potential employers
- Labor market information
- Job search workshops
- Résumé / application and cover letter assistance
- Eligibility determination for special programs
- Referral to training and/or supportive services
- Information on veterans employment benefits, rights and preferences
- Resources for changing careers or transitioning from the military to civilian employment
Additionally, the GDOL ensures veterans receive preference and priority of service as prescribed by federal, state, and local laws.